Welcome to our online newsroom! Below are press releases we have distributed, organized by time release. For additional news information, please visit us on Facebook.
Partners for Stennis is pleased to assist print and broadcast media with related stories by arranging interviews, video footage or photography. For press inquiries, please call 228-467-9048 or email email@example.com.
If you are looking for updates regarding Human Space Exploration, please see our page dedicated to that news by clicking here.
- Members of Partners for Stennis & Michoud Meet with Congress Members of Partners for Stennis & Michoud participated in the 27th annual Citizens for Space Exploration Trip to DC May 15-17, 2018. The goal was to meet with members of Congress and their staff from Mississippi and Louisiana as part of a National Coalition. Members of Partners were part of close to 100 travelers, representing ...
- Stennis Space Center Announces Senior Leadership Changes NASA has announced a pair of leadership changes at Stennis Space Center with John Bailey assuming the role of associate director following the retirement of Ken Human. The changes are effective May 31. Bailey, a native of Mobile, Alabama, and resident of Picayune, Mississippi, previously served as Stennis Engineering and Test Directorate director. He joined the ...
- RS-25 Engines Powered to Highest Level Ever During Stennis Test Operators powered one of NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) engines up to 113 percent thrust level, the highest RS-25 power level yet achieved, during a test on Feb. 21 at Stennis Space Center near Bay St. Louis, Miss. The test lasted 260 seconds with power levels at 113 percent for 50 seconds of the test. ...
- NASA Seeks Master Developer Partner for Enterprise Park at Stennis Space Center NASA has opened a search for a non-federal partner to lead in development of a 1,100-acre technology corridor called Enterprise Park at Stennis Space Center near Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. An official Notice of Availability has been posted online at FedBizOpps.gov (reference NOA # 80SSC018L0004). Official responses to the Notice of Availability are due on Jan. ...
- MISS. LAWMAKERS APPLAUD AIR FORCE FOR MEETING FLYING JENNIES COMMITMENT WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) and Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), and Congressman Steven Palazzo (R-Miss.) today expressed gratitude to the U.S. Air Force for meeting its commitment to provide full manpower for the 815th Airlift Squadron, or “Flying Jennies,” at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi. The lawmakers were informed that the 815th has ...
- October Lagniappe The October issue of Lagniappe is now available online: Features in this issue include: Stennis prepares to test SLS flight engine Lagniappe Commentary E2063 is 2nd RS-25 flight engine to be tested at Stennis Key component for SLS core stage testing arrives at Stennis ‘… And four to go’ Hail & Farewell SLS Pathfinder arrives at Michoud; next stop – Stennis NASA in the ...
- CEO of STEDF announces plans to retire at year’s end (MANDEVILLE, La.) – In 2002, the St. Tammany Economic Development Foundation (STEDF) hired Brenda Bertus to lead economic development efforts in St. Tammany. After more than 15 years at the helm of an ever-expanding organization, Bertus has announced her plans to retire effective Dec. 31, 2017. “We all face different seasons in our life,” Bertus said. ...
- Palazzo Joins NASA Caucus Washington, D.C. Congressman Steven Palazzo (MS-04) has joined the bipartisan House National Aeronautics and Space Administration Caucus which will focus on the importance of NASA and its initiatives toward strengthening our American Space Program. “As the former Chairman of the House Space Subcommittee, I look forward to coming together to help advance NASA’s mission to pioneer the ...
- Public Invited to Stennis Space Center Open House / Engine Test Viewing The public is invited to attend a Founder’s Day Open House on Oct. 19, 2017, at NASA’s Stennis Space Center. The day’s activities will include an opportunity to view a test firing of an RS-25 flight engine. The theme for the event is “SSC – 56 Years of Making Fire and Rain!” to commemorate the anniversary ...
- August 2017 Lagniappe The August issue of Lagniappe is now available: To view the latest issue of Lagniappe, visit: August 2017 Lagniappe Features in this issue include: NASA on a roll testing SLS engines Lagniappe Commentary NASA tests a pair of RS-25 engine flight controllers for SLS rocket NASA guests, employees enjoy chance to view RS-25 test Happy 5th Birthday, Curiosity rover! NASA in the News Total ...
- 04/18/16 – April Edition of Lagniappe is now available – Read Lagniappe Here
- 03/18/16 – March Edition of Lagniappe is now available – Read Lagniappe Here
- 02/25/16 – February Edition of Lagniappe is now available – Read Lagniappe Here
- 01/25/16 – January Edition of Lagniappe is now available – Read Lagniappe Here
- 12/16/2015 – December Edition of Lagniappe is now available –
Read Lagniappe Here
- 11/4/15 – Stennis International Airport Operations Increase 32 Percent – Read Story Here
- 11/18/15 – November Edition of Lagniappe is not available – Read Lagniappe Here
- 4/18/15 – Fred Haise honored with Roy S. Estess Public Service Leadership Award – Read Story Here
- 4/12/15 – NASA’s Stennis Space Center gives SpaceX’s Mars plans a boost – Read Story Here
- 3/30/15 – Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission March Newsletter – Read More Here
- 3/20/15 – NASA Awards Contract at Stennis and Michoud – Read More Here
- 3/20/15 – March Edition of Lagniappe – Read More Here
- 3/18/15 – Lawmakers honor Apollo 13 astronaut Fred Haise – Read More Here
- 3/2/15 – Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission February Newsletter – Read More Here
- 2/18/15 – February Edition of Lagniappe – Read More Here
- 2/12/15 – NASA officials brief South MS leaders on new projects – Read More Here
- 2/10/15 – NASA Authorization Bill Passes in the House – Read More Here
- 2/2/15 – NASA chief gives Stennis workers a shout out – Read More Here