Business & Employment ResourcesBusiness Resources
As a business partner with many entities, Partners for Stennis & Michoud has compiled a thorough list of federal and statewide resources to help the business-driving process. For more information about each resource, click the link associated with the description.
- “Doing business with NASA” – The site for Stennis Space Center Procurement
- Federal Business Opportunities – Search more than 32,000 active federal opportunities.
- SBIR/STTR Program Information – The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer(STTR) Programs provide an opportunity for small, high technology companies and research institutions (RI) to participate in Government sponsored research and development (R&D) efforts in key technology areas.
- If you are a small business concern with 500 or fewer employees, or a non-profit RI, such as a university or a research laboratory with ties to an SBC, then NASA encourages you to learn more about these programs and significant sources of seed funding for the development of your innovations.
- The Space Alliance Technology Outreach Program (SATOP) strives to transfer the knowledge and technology of the space program to small businesses. Any type of small business is encouraged to submit a technical challenge to SATOP. If SATOP is able to assist, the small business is provided with up to 40 hours of FREE technical assistance from a scientist or engineer in the Space Program. Currently, they are only accepting requests for technical assistance from small businesses located in the state of Texas, however, according to their website, businesses nationwide are still encouraged to apply.
- Acquisitions and Grant Division of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Environmental Protection Agency – Business Opportunities
- Small Business Administration – the main site offers an enormous variety of resources – below are direct links to just a few:
- Free on-line training
- The Office of Women’s Business Ownership (OWBO) Assists women achieve their dreams and improve their communities by helping them start and run successful businesses, regardless of social or financial disadvantage, race, ethnicity or business background.
- Mississippi Development Authority – oversees a wide array of programs to assist established businesses and encourage new ones.
- The Mississippi Procurement Technical Assistance Program is an integral element of the Mississippi Development Authority. A private non-profit corporation – South Mississippi Contract Procurement Center, Inc. – operates the center in Biloxi. The MPTAP provides its services only to Mississippi businesses. The services are provided at NO CHARGE.Their mission is to enhance national defense and economic development of the state of Mississippi by assisting Mississippi businesses in obtaining federal, state, local government and commercial contracts.
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center – a partnership program with SBA, provides free help to Mississippi businesses.
- Mississippi Enterprise for Technology (MSET)
MSET is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to creating high-skill, high-wage jobs in Mississippi. MSET taps the scientific and technical assets of the state to promote industrial growth, stimulate new business start-ups, and attract companies to Mississippi. MSET is a joint effort of the Mississippi Development Authority, NASA and Mississippi’s universities.
- Southern Mississippi Planning and Development District – Has the mission of identifying and capitalizing on the development potentials of the 15 southern Mississippi Counties. Website contains extensive data and links to a wide scope of departments, including Workforce Development, Business Development, and Geographic and Mapping Information.
- Hancock Chamber Business Resource Center – The Chamber’s Business Resource Center operates five days a week. Trained counselors offer resources for creating business plans, information on obtaining financing, and referrals for important information to help start up or grow local businesses. Call (228) 467-9048 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
- Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission (HCPHC) – Hancock County, Mississippi is the home of Stennis Space Center. HCPHC functions as the county’s Economic Development Authority, Port Authority, and Airport Authority, as well as operates Port Bienville Industrial Park, Port Bienville Railroad and Stennis International Airport/Airpark. At this website you will find information including services, capabilities, and opportunities that they offer with Stennis International Airport, Port Bienville Railroad, Port Bienville Industrial Park and Stennis Space Center.
- Harrison County Development Commission – This site contains a profile of Harrison County, up-to-date statistics and links to a variety of resources to assist with relocation, expansion, or launch of a new business.
- Pearl River Planning and Development – This section of the Pearl River County website contains a number of planning and development documents for download.
- The Mississippi Energy Institute would like for every available energy job in the state to be filled. To get there, the think tank has launched getonthegridms.com, a website designed to get those interested in technical and professional occupations in the energy sector connected to the places and people who can help.
- Louisiana Transfer Technology Office – The Louisiana Business & Technology Center (LBTC) has compiled a list of regional and federal resources.
- St. Tammany Economic Development Foundation – Website offers information on sites and buildings, demographics and business incentives.
- Greater New Orleans Regional Economic Alliance – This regional economic development alliance serves the 10-parish region of Southeast Louisiana. The website offers information about the region, industry sectors, initiatives and incentives
- Louisiana Economic Development – Expanding? Relocating? Starting up? Louisiana’s tax credits and incentive programs can give your company a competitive edge.